Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with file downloaded by IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKL01

Programmer
Sep 14, 2000
US
Hi All,

I have Download Data option in my web application. I'm seeing a diffence in the file when I download the file using Netscape and IE.

File created by Netscape browser is showing 0D 0A at the end of each record when I view the file in Hex Editor.
File created by Internet Explorer is showing 0A at the end of each record when I view the file in Hex Editor

In the code (server-side JavaScript) we are adding "\n" at the end of each record read from DB table

Any ideas why it is happening like this. File created by IE should be similar to file created by Netscape.

Really appreciate any suggestions.

Hi

That sounds like the file is downloaded with FTP protocol in ASCII mode. Is that the case ?

Could you get us an URL ? Or post the headers of communication between browser and server. You can see the HTTP headers using add-ons :
[ul]
[li]FireFox - Live HTTP Headers[/li]
[li]Explorer - ieHTTPHeaders[/li]
[/ul]

Feherke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back