Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with FDN to Voicemail - not going to user's mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman83

MIS
Nov 18, 2014
US
Hey guys, question here. We have a Nortel CS1000 with a sip trunk to Avaya Session Manager/Avaya CM. We have an existing Aura messaging server that works just fine, but we are working on adding microsoft exchange UM in addition. We created the sip trunk from exchange to session manager, no problem, and the avaya phones cover to voicemail without issue. The nortel side of the house is giving us an issue in that we can call the voicemail pilot and access a mailbox no problem, but for our test set with the FDN, HUNT, and MWK set to the DN for the exchange, then the phone does a forward no-ans to voicemail on exchange, it doesn't seem to be including the originally dialed digits, so rather than being allowed to leave a message, the exchange server treats it as if you called in to check your vm, and prompts for your mailbox number.

Wireshark confirms that when the avaya phones cover to voicemail, they include the original digits in the history section of the SIP INVITE, but when nortel phones forward to voicemail they do not.

Any pointers on where we can investigate this?

(Please be gentle... I'm new to the forum, and originally an Avaya CM guy, not a nortel guy...)

do a search on NCRD (network call redirection) I know that has to be allowed to pass the original dialed digits

I have NCRD enabled on the sip route toward the session manager.

The odd thing is that aura messaging uses the same route and works just fine (Aura Messaging is attached to session manager)

So I did a traceSM on session manager, and it appears that the CS1K is sending the history correctly, but when exchange responds with a 302 MOVED on port 5060 (which it does by design), the history disappears.

Can we move this thread to the Avaya Aura board (where it's more appropriate)? Or should I re-post over there?

I'm sure it is something in Adaptations causing it not to work. But that's just my uneducated guess.

You can also check your Adaptation Module settings in Session Manager to make sure your Module Parameters are correct. Not sure if this will help, but it doesn't hurt to look (in my enterprise, all of the CS1000 Adaptation Modules have 'fromto=true'
in the Module parameter field).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back