Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with computers not showing up under networks on Domain Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmogozmo

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2012
US
I've just started working for this company. There are two DC's running on Windows Server 2008 R2 standard. On the first DC, it holds all FSMO roles, holds file server, dns, and dhcp roles. The second is the exchange server, also has DNS domain. This is a single domain environment. This issue I'm seeing is when the server is rebooted for whatever reason, only the DC's are shown under networks. I see the computer browser service is running. To temp fix the issue. I stop the CB service, wait a few minutes, start the service, and viola! all computers are listed under networks. If I try to start the service right after I stop it, no dice. After it's running, alls good until I have to reboot server for updates etc. We have a few apps that seem to require netbios to function. Besides that everything is DNS. I did make sure Computer Browser service is set to automatic on both DC's. It's more of an annoyance then anything else. But if anyone has a suggestion I would be forever grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back