Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with Citrix and Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveK2008

Technical User
Mar 20, 2008
CA
I have 1 user and only 1 user that when ever she attaches a PDF file via outlook it feezes her Citrix session and the only way she can get back in is if i log the session off.
we have tried a new profile for her, we have updated adobe all windows updates all citrix updates any thoughts?>

Hey just want to add a bit more that i found out.

It only effects her when she is sending the file to someone out side our network, and if she attaches the PDF and sends the e-mail with no message it works fine. it seems like as soon as she attaches the PDF and adds text to the e-mail is screws up.

How big are the PDFs? Is it the same PDF every time? (Hoping you've tried others...)

What's running in her session when this occurs?

Others have no issues sending PDFs?

Just looking for some more info.

Yeah we have tried many PDF's. But it isn't every PDF i cannot find a pattern in the PDF's that cause the issue. But like i said if she does a new message and only sends the PDF with not message it works fine as soon as she sends a PDF with a message we have issues.

just outlook is normally running and a custom app. i have also had her try it with nothing open but outlook and it still happens

no one else seems to have issues

A couple of things to try.

Get a hold of filemon and regmon and see why outlook is dissappearing, its obviously still running but its managing to dissapear down the black hole of death.

Delete completely any profile this user has and re-set them up. (I am kinda guessing you probably tried this).

I vaguely remember something like this occuring quite a few years ago now, but my memory is dimming with age. Using alt + or alt tab doesnt bring it back to life ? THe session is there, its just broken with the client.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back