Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

issue with bcm400

Status
Not open for further replies.

teltek03

Technical User
Sep 11, 2009
US
I was wanting to know why my bcm400 won't let me log in through with a phone or with a laptop ever since the power supply went bad and got replaced. I have tried resetting it several times and when i try and long in through a phone it will just say please wait before in kicks me out of it.

Try re-seating the base function tray. I had this same issue. The voicemail went down, I couldn't log into the system to do programming through the phone or laptop. I re-seated the BFT, and everything's been fine since.

You may have an issue with the Hard drive.
Try the reboot first.
If you still have problems then you will have to replace the hard drive.
The programming access is blocked because it can access the hard drive

I had an issue where I had to replace the power supply and the hard drive. Both were bad.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

BCM post power supply test beeps.

Switch off system.
Wait 30 seconds.
Switch on again.
If you get 3 fast beeps
followed by 2 slow beeps
Followed by 3 fast beeps

Then the power supply is faulty and not driving the Hard drive.

If after a minute of switching on and you get 1 beep then power supply pass first test and hard drive booting up.

Check the Hard drive LED on front of system.
If it flashes with a steady regular intermittent flash then the hard drive has a problem. on off on off on off

If all leds on the front of the BCM are flashing Fast then you have a Hard drive problem or BFT ( base Function Tray )Problem

I had a system with pirated software on it, that locked everyone out. That was in 2007, on a 3.7 that had been upgraded from 3.6 with unlicensed software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back