Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue w/ using Web Service to connect to Ellipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESWalt

Programmer
Oct 8, 2007
US
I have the following code that works in Windows Application and Windows Service, but I am working on a project that requires I use a Web Application to perform the tasks.

I have added the MIMSX.DLL to the Component Server Control Panel for the Out-of-Process part for IIS and I get through the code with no errors, however it never authenticates even though I know the password/userID is correct (works fine w/ Windows code and the Ellipse interface).

I have figured out that it has null for the Host/Profile, and I have not been able to figure out what I need to add to get it to know that. I have tried to set the MIMSX_PARAM_HOST and MIMSX_PARAM_PROFILE to the server but it appears to ignore that.

I have developed a webservice with this code below (Again, this code was "stolen" from my Windows version, although in this case, the variable silentLogin is always true and this is wrapped in a try/catch block:

MIMSXServer mims = new MIMSXServer();
bool isConnected = false;
mims.Initialise(0, 0);
if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(position)) {
position = position.PadLeft(10, '0');
}
mims.SetParameter(MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_USERNAME, userId);
mims.SetParameter(MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_PLAIN_TXT_PWD, passWord);
mims.SetParameter(MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMS_DISTRICT, districtCode);
mims.SetParameter(MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMS_POSITION, position);

if (mims.Connect(silentLogin)) {
isConnected = true;
}
else {
isConnected = false;
}

Can anyone tell me what maybe I'm missing to tell it to connect to our Ellipse system? I'm sure I'm just missing a set of properties, or command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back