Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue w/GP2010 upgrade from v10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasonic

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2013
US
Hi everyone. We have a test GP server that has the lastest version of GP10 (10.00.1868). We've upgraded it to GP2010 (latest version) and I can get into the new app on the test server. While going through the upgrade PDF it says you need to use GP Utilities to upgrade modified/customized forms and reports. When I do this via the instructions it doesn't work. Someone who's recently done this upgrade told me that before he used GP Utilties to do this he went into GP2010, into Report Writer and exported the v10 reports. My issue now is that, logged in as SA, Report Writer is grayed out. I have no idea how to enable it, or enable access to it via the SA account. It's very odd because SA should have full access. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Never mind. A previous manager at my company just did this upgrade last month and he helped me out. The issue was that I hadn't registered GP 2010 - I hadn't put in the registration keys. Once I did that Report Writer became available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back