Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue Viewing Public Folders with Exchange System Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcorbett

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2002
US

We just finished most of a migration to Exchange 2003 Standard from 5.5 Enterprise. Everything has been moved over to the 2k3 server and the 5.5 server while still connected to the site, is not in use for anything.

When in Exchange System Mngr, if I drill down to Admin Groups\Folders\Public Folders, I get prompted to enter a username and password
even when logged in with the highest level domain admin account. After entering this, I get an error message that says:

Could not locate the root folder. Ensure that your default virtual server is running and its is configured correctly.

ID no: c103b405
Exchange System Manager

After clicking ok, if I right click and select system folders, the same thing happens.

All email operations seem to functioning normally, mail is flowing and all clients seem to be able to access mailboxes and public folders with no problem. I encountered this issue when beginning the process of decommissioning our Exchange 5.5 server.

Nothing is appearing in the event logs.

Has any one ever dealt with this issue or know where to start looking? Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back