Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue Printing to a Xerox 7328 from non-admin account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder850

Technical User
Jan 10, 2007
US
Hey guys, I am a library IT manager, and at one of my branches we have this issue where i can print fine through the network printer (a Xerox 7328) on the "Administrator" login, however when i print under the branch patron login (which is the same for all 4 PC's in the branch) it is super, super slow to print. When you pull up the print que it shows that 99.9% of it has been pushed to the printer, but that .1% is somewheres (but where!?) Its hit or miss. Each of these machines have software on them that erases the hard drive of any installed programs or files that patrons have placed on them during their timed use. However, all 50 of my PC's have this software on them throughout the Library System, and the only spot i have trouble is this one branch. I have no reason to believe the network is the issue, as it prints fine when im logged into the Administrator name. I haven't contacted Xerox about this, as the only experience i have with them are hardware support. I hope this is something simple and not a major deal. has anyone ever had trouble with these specific types of printers? Or should i just call Xerox? Is it trouble with my AD Server? Let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks.

Sounds more like a permission problem (check GRP policise and AV) than a hardware issue...

I mean, ADMIN can print just fine, so hardware can be ruled out...

what does the Event Viewer have to say?

what happens when you *print directly to printer" (bypassing the spooler)?

some links that may help:

Managing Printers Using Group Policy (Part 2)

Printer Pruner May Prune All the Print Queue Objects on Its Site

Specifying Spooler Permissions on Just One DC

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back