Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiff811

MIS
Apr 21, 2004
US
background: I currently work for a company that manufactures and sells scientific instruments.
We have a team of service technicians across the country. These service technician currently respond to issues at customers labs that are reported to the sales person who sold the lab the instrument.

I am currently looking for a software package that our receptionist at the HQ can use to enter in issues with the customers products. That software will turn around and assign the issue to the appropriate service technician(based on State). That service technician is notified with email that a new trouble ticket has been assigned to them. The software also must be a CRM system built into so that the technician can get the name and address of the customer.

hopefully be web based so i am not hung out to dry with laptop issues.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hello skiff.

I've managed the implementation of HP's ServiceDesk s/w and this will do what you need and also be extensible for future requirements.

There is a web interface but the primary UI is not web based.

It's a fairly fully featured system and not the cheapest - but I don't have any hesitation in recommending it.

Mike

I am not inscrutable. [orientalbow]

Want great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

Wow grooke, that's interesting. Two consecutive posts about the same software on different usage topics.

Please assure us you are not shilling!

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

Take a look at Their Maximizer Entreprise version 9 is one of the best CRM products on the market today.

James Keep, PMP
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
Authorized Crystal Engineer (ACE)
CMRC
Crystal Decisions Business Partner
Montreal, Qc, Canada

I can assure thedaver that I'm not commercially involved at all. It happens that I have just worked with the sister product, which is probably one of the best wiki's around and have been managed by Jira.

This product is applicable to both topics, which are similar but different.

It is less obviously, directly applicable to the other topic, but is very effectively for project management. It differs from MSProject because it does not support any dependancies which is the basis of MSProject. Yet, MSProject is relatively weak on monitoring (IMHO). Hence I wanted the other topic not to dismiss it as irrelevant.

It is directly applicable to this topic, because it is Issue Management software. However, I didn't want a long discussion in this topic (which we now have :-( ) because it was a take it or leave it situation.

As it was appropriate to both topics and and they were about different aspects of management, I felt it was right to include it in both.

Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back