Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue calling a local cell number

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalaction

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2002
US
I am wondering if someone can explain the answer to this question.

We have a Merdian Mail 11c system. When making a local call for a specific phone # I just get dead air. No ringer tone. I pick up the phone and dial 9, then the 7 digit phone number and get no ringing tone. If I dial 9, 1+areacode+xxx-xxxx then it works. I thought I needed to add the prefix into our system but its already there. When I do a print out of the prefix I get
NXX 248
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

Is this issue more with the telephone service provider or can I fix this issue on our system. The number I am dialing is a Cell #

Thanks.
Jason

nxx is local prefix
npa is area code

sound like you need to dial 10 digit, make sure the npa is build and configured correctly

Once the Call leaves the Nortel System, then it is the Telco that handels the call, do a trace on the DN your calling from both ways, with and without the NPA and see if they both go out the same route. Post the trac here.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back