Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue after removing old server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp611

MIS
Oct 10, 2005
US
I have a netware 6.5 server that was taken out of service. The E directory showed clean but cannot find any problems with the tree. But one of my servers which is a netware 6.5 sp7 server gets and error in dsrepair. the error is " Illegal attribute for non present object, attribute is purged. I run dsrepair again and still get the same error. The error message is pointing to a netware server that I removed from the tree with out any trouble. I cannot find any TID on this type of problem or where to look to fix the error.

Thanks

Did you remove all the edirectory objects (manually) that are associated with this old server (volumes, server name object, etc.)??? Check in ConsoleOne or whatever you use to manage your tree and delete anything left.

Then do another repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back