Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue account in G/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacesmith

Technical User
Nov 11, 2008
US
I'm working in an older version, and I have a lot of items to purge from Inventory due to Excess/obsolete...
Is there any way I can change the default Issue (transaction entry) account so I don't have to back up for each item?
I am in an old DOS environment.
Thanks!

The default GL account used during an Inventory Transaction Entry, Issue is the Cost Of Goods Sold account for the product line the item belongs to. You could print out the Transaction Journal and make a GL entry if you want the dollars to go to another account such as Scrap.

Hmmm...
I wonder if I could get accounting to do that after the fact...afterall, they have to do their magic anyway (I don't play in that realm, just charge items to the inventory scrap line, or programs, or whatever)

Let me point out that if you are on the old DOS version you need to upgrade to a modern version. I seriously doubt if computers with Windows Vista will be able to run DOS versions of MAS plus there will not be many users who remember enough about that version to offer help if anything goes wrong.

BigLouie~
You know it!
Anyway, bigger problem recently...I'll generate a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back