Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISP Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon911

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2003
US
OK I want to play nice with my ISP since I cannot use mail to send out. I have decided to let my ISP send mail. I have used MailDaemon to setup to send mail thru my ISP before. but does Exchange2K have that also?
I mean you how you can setup your outlook 2000 mail to goto lets say mindspring.com
name:xxxxx
Password:xxxxxx
SMTP: smtp.mindspring.com
POP: pop.mindspring.com
Then you done.
I want to setup Exchange2K to use my name and password for auth when sending to mindspring.com for sending mail out. Can this be possible?

Set up a connector, and set it to forward mail to the following smart host :
<smtp.isp.net>
In the outbound security section indicate the username and password to authenticate to this server (if required).

Set all clients to use the SMTP server on the exchnage server to send mail. It will be forwarded to the exchange server and then routed to through the connector. Make sure your exchnage server can resolve outside addresses through DNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back