Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Isn't there a way for Reportnet to detect screen size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtcust

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
US
We are using reportnet 1.1 and the report and filters do not display correctly on the end users screen. Things look fine on the developer's screen, which is much larger than the end users. For end users, the objects are too large, causing them to scroll left and right, up and down to get to all the objects on the screen. My developer says, other than getting users bigger screens, nothing can be done.

Is this true? Isn't there a way to have the reportnet detect the screen size and/or resolution and adjust the display/objects accordingly?

Thanks in advance for ay help.

hmm.. can't offer much help.. but i can tell you that what you're seeing definitely is not supposed to happen...

i guess the option would be to use "percent" instead of "pixel" when u specify the size.

However, keep in mind that it could also go wrong! my view is to keep a standard size for the screen. if someone with low resolution checks, then it will be scroll bar for them, and a small page for those who have high resolution. Its tricky to match both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back