Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

isinteg -patch =DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

blubomber

MIS
Dec 27, 2001
US
I am trying to move data from a live server to a test server. I have done an offline backup of the database files from the live server. I have created a test domain with the same name as the live domain to join the test mail sever to. After joining the test mail to the test domain and then installing Exchange 5.5 with SP4 using the /R switch per microsofts recomendation, and using the same site and organization as live mail, i tried to run isinteg -patch. I also did the optimization to get the databases in the right location. i get the error, DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. From the infromation i have gathered, and since i used the same exchange admin account as on the live mail, my problem is that the SAM database does not match. Is there a way around this? do in need to start over with a different admin account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blubomber - yep that is correct the SID of the Exchange service account is different, thats why it has come up like that.

What I suggest you do is restore the PDC onto your test network, then it will work OK.

I will try that then.

thanks for the reply justin2000.

Hi,

I have the same problem...
I have save the DSADATA and MDBDATA folders, I have formated the server and reinstalled completely.

I have installed MS Exchange 5.5 SP4 on my server and try to import the database with command isinteg -patch.

I have the same error but cannot restore the SID.

Help me please
Chris

Hi Cbardet,
You really need that SID. Exchange security is generally very good, and based on SID's. Is your DC dead? If not, and assuming it is NT4, make a BDC on your production network, move it to the test network and promote it to bdc. That'll give you a PDC to use the accounts. If you can't get that then you are up doo-doo's creek.

Here's something else to check. Not sure if this is either of your cases or not. I had the same error last week when testing my disaster recovery plans.

I was logged in as administrator but made the mistake of typing our "services admin" account when asked during Exchange 5.5 installation rather than typing the "email admin" account. This fixed one of my problems.

Also it took a rather long time for the Directory Service to start. I received the error message then as well. The service sat on "starting" for a number of minutes. Once it went to "started" - I then started and stopped the Information Store service and then ran the isinteg -patch with success.

Hopefully this helps.

Exchange Administrator
ADTRAN Inc.
Huntsville AL

Thanks All,

I will try to restore the Active Directory from a tape backup and after trying isinteg -patch.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back