Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iSeries System API Reference Manual SC41-5801

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteJohnston

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Guys

I'm looking for the downloadable pdf version of the iSeries System API Reference Manual. This is the Reference manual SC41-5801, not the Programming manual. I downloaded it ages ago but I've lost it and can't find it on any of Big Blue's websites. I got a link from IBMs help centre people to a list page of the downloadable manuals but SC41-5801 isn't on it. The System API Programming Manual (SC41-5800) is there but it isn't what I'm looking for.

SC41-5801 is the one that describes all of the APIs in minute detail and its pretty big, I think around 25K. If anyone has a copy of it somewhere and could help me out that would be great.

PeteJ
(Contract Code-monkey)

It's amazing how many ways there are to skin a cat
(apologies to the veggies)

The Red Book you're looking for is obsolete so you won't find it online.

Philippe

Hi Philippe

You're right, it is obsolete, but it doesn't mean they've been silly enough to get rid of it all together :)

I've just swapped some mail with Scott Klement (the font of all knowledge) and he pointed me at this address

Which has links to most of the manuals in pdf format. Thank the Lord :)

PeteJ
(Contract Code-monkey)

Manual SC41-5801 System API Reference is there as a PDF and it seems to have 3028 pages of the same level of detail that I remember from the verion that I misplaced/lost :-D

There are two buttons to the right of the manual description. One is HTML, the other is PDF. I've done the Save target as... stuff and I've now got it on my hard drive. It opens Okay with Acrobat. The other manual (SC41-5800 System API Programming) is also there. It looks kind of like the refenence manual with all of the important bits cut out?

PeteJ
(Contract Code-monkey)

It was to be expected. IBM does not drag non-relevant books on he internet.

Philippe

I don't know about it being a non-relevant book :-D It depends on what you are trying to do and whether you think there is and easier or better way (see reference to skinning cats).

You pays your money and takes your choice.....

PeteJ
(Contract Code-monkey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back