Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iSeries Access v5r3 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakl8

Technical User
May 25, 2005
US
I am fairly new to SMS and I have been trying to deploy IBM's iSeries Access for Windows v5r3 via SMS 2003 SP1 to my Windows 2000 SP4 desktops. My attempts to repackage it using AdminStudio for SMS and SMS Installer have not been successful. However, going through IBM's documentation it says that I can create an answer file (.iss) and run setup.exe -s to run a silent installation of the application. So, I created a package that ran setup.exe -s and it runs, the only problem is that when the system restarts it tells the user that they must be an administrator in order for the installation to complete; eventhough "run with administrative rights" is selected in the package properties. In our environment most users do not have local admin rights to their PC's. Has anyone had any success deploying this application?

When you recorded the answer file (.iss), did the program prompt for restart?

If yes, was it possible NOT to reboot.

If yes, try recreating the answer file choosing not to restart and in your SMS program specify that SMS Restarts the Computer.

It did ask to restart but I selected the postpone restart option. I had SMS restart it in the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back