Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iseries Access Print Screen not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

999Dom999

Technical User
Apr 25, 2002
GB
Have done a new install of windows xp and typical install of iseries access for windows V5R3 and using the print screen icon it prints out dots instead of ASCII characters. Have looked through lots of settings but can't find anything! any ideas [pipe]

Does xp print normally? Initially, it sounds like a windows print problem. I'll look tomorrow at my settings for printing to see if anything jumps out.

Mark

Thanks

Yeah printing works fine in XP, well from all other apps, ISeries printing goes direct to printer. I installed it on my laptop and the print screen works fine. I used to have V4R4 running on the XP machines and it worked properly. The layout is correct but only prints dots! [pipe]

Here are my settings...
Under File, Printer Setup.
Use win default printer (nothing else checked)
Click Setup...
Graphic tab...
Graphic mode = XL
Font tab...
Download as bitmap
Screen font substitution

Although I'm not sure that any of those would cause an issue, you can check.

Mark

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who undersand binary and those who don't.

Had same problem using V5R3 with win2k.

Downloaded and installed latest service pack from

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/as400/products/clientaccess/win32/v5r3m0/servicepack/si18651/

Now ok.

--------------------------------
Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back