Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iSeries Access Macros - path

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawedoff

MIS
Nov 16, 2001
US
I use iSeries Access to record macros for use on an AS400. I can't seem to get my session to store macros (*.mac) anywhere except the C:\Program files\IBM\Client Access\Emulator\Private folder. Is there any way to change the path?

Thanks.

Sawedoff

Sawedoff,

I've been told it's an entry in the .ini file. Which one and where I'm not sure (others here maintain the PCs). Hopefully this will point you in the right direction. If I can catch one of the PC people today I will ask about where the .ini file is found.

HTH,
MdnghtPgmr

Sawedoff,

Found it! C:\program files\ibm\client access\emulator\private\pcswin.ini

You will need to add a section [SCRIPTS] then add the path you want below that.

HTH,
MdnghtPgmr

Thanks Md,
I have looked in all my .ini files, and don't seem to have that. Maybe I need to add an ini file. There is a place in the iSeries Acces properties to change it, but it doesn't seem to "take".

I'll keep looking.
Thanks.

Sawedoff

Sorry, my post crossed yours. I do have that .ini file, and will try it and let you know how it works. Thanks.

Sawedoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back