Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN2 calls not answered by VMIB or modem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi all,

I've got a bit of an issue and I hope somebody can point me in the right direction, I'll try to explain what's happening as best I can. I've got a hotel customer with an IP-LDK300 using 6 channels of ISDN2. After a recent power outage they reported no incoming or outgoing calls (incoming calls met with silence). Status lights on 2 of the 3 NTE's were flashing indicating no connection to the BRIB but a system reset by software resolved that, all NTE lights are now solid green. Customer now has dialtone on all 6 lines but incoming calls to DDI's routed to the VMIB and to the modem (ext 299) are met with silence. End user confirms that line keys on their phones illuminate when these calls come in so they are obviously reaching the system. A full reboot by power cycling the system has not helped. Could it be that the VMIB is faulty or has lost it's config (flat battery) due to the power outage? If so, is the VMIB card also responsible for calls to the modem in any way? I've had the end user dial the 299 modem extension number from another extension and they get "Vacant Number". Other DDI's on the same ISDN2 are pointed directly at stations and are ringing on the relevant handsets but when answered there is one-way speech.

Does anybody know what this might be, please? If you need any further info on the setup please let me know.

Many thanks,

Dave

has the system lost its programming at all ?

from the sounds of it it hasnt .

under the isdn settings toggle the auto and fixed setting . you will need to reset the system after you change it .

but normally if you had the wrong setting you wouldnt get once way speach . you would just get nothing at all . normally in the uk we set them to fixed .

id be looking at replacing the brib card .

the 300s are really prone to power rail faults as well . ive replaced two cabinets in the last month .

they are old systems as well perhaps its time for a upgrade.

Ok thanks very much martinhodge, sorry for the late reply but I'm not here very often and have just seen your response. I don't know how this one played out in the end because it turns out this customer's account was on hold and I never heard any more about it from an engineer's point of view. Thanks anyway, though, for the useful information you provided.

Dave

thats a shame always good to see what the issue was from a engineering point .

thanks for the responce anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back