Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN setup procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmp241

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2007
US
Hello,

I am in the process of setting up an ISDN (Q.921, ETSI) connection.

Can someone tell me the sequence of commands and boards that play an integral part in setting up an ISDN connection?
Using board TLU 76/1
Here is what I gathered so far.
I. TLU Board configuration
• CNHUI
• ROCAI
• RODAI
II. Procedures in ISDN terminal, IT section in ALEX
III. Procedures in PABX operator traffic, OP section in ALEX

Is that correct? If not please tell me the sequence it takes to configure the MD 110 to make an ISDN call.

After that, I am assuming the next step would be to initialize and configure the ELU29 board to hook up some phones to it. Is this the next step? Also, can you point me to somewhere in Alex that goes through this procedure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You don't need do make procedures on ISDN terminal, because (ISDN is a bsic rate Acces 2B+D and TLU 76/1 is trunkline for 2Mbit Common channel signalling (30B+D) After RORAI you need to initiate directions to this route - RODDI (for outgoing calls. Maybe You need to check NADAP (number analysis data and look for ), and You need to make a number conversion for incoming calls (NUTRI). Maybe You can send me an e-mail, if You want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back