Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN RAS error 651 -uplug cable fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpuk

Technical User
Nov 19, 2001
GB

I have a problem with a TA on a Windows 2000 machine. After about 24 hours, the ISDN dialup starts to fail with error 651. If I shut the machine down, unplug the cable from the ISDN wallbox, plug it back in and reboot, it works again (for about 24 hours). Unplugging the cable from the wallbox seems to be crucial.

I have tried updating the drivers for the TA but no luck. I am thinking faulty TA. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm having a similar problem under winXP. I have an internal ISDN PCI card and an external TA (through Serial), I get Error 651 when trying to connect using the PCI card, but I can connect using my external TA. Very confusing...
Reainstalling pci does nothing, rebooting used to do something, but not anymore. Actually physically uninstalling it does nothing either (i'm that desperate). The problem is I bought the internal card because my external TA is broken as well, and i don't have any other access!
I can't contact the maufacturer of the card as it's cheap and it's made by "The ISDN Company"...anyone ever heard of em? doubted it...it's just a cheap remake of someone elses probably - thing is though I can't find out who's it is a remake of!

Any help here would be greatly appreciated

Laterz, ~A~

I need help with a similar problem. I installed an Hayes ISDN TA in XP home, downloaded latest drivers for XP, but get error 651 when trying to dial out. Put a Billion ISDN carn in another machine with XP home, latest drivers, but get same problem.

Can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back