Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN "receive-only" setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariko

ISP
Oct 2, 2001
US
We bought cisco2621 and added two bri interfaces. One is to use as 128K leased-line (I think this feature is unique to Japan users;). The other is for "maintenance," in case the leased-line is disconnected for some reasons, and the help desk (not the customer) wants to reach the router via the ISDN line. That is, the router only "receives" call from the interface when the other leased-line is unavailable. In that case, does anyone know how to set-up the "receive-only" bri interface? I am not sure if I have to set-up dialar-group, dialar-list, etc etc since the router make calls by using the dialar-something. I am not even sure if such setting exists ;) Please help!

I suspect it really depends on how you are implementing the dialing router. Dialer-groups reference dialer-lists which define interesting traffic so you won't need any of that on your rcv-only router. However, you likely need ppp and authentication. And you may need a dialer profile or a dialer-map - again, depending on how your help desk will be bringing up this interface. I would recommend that you get a feel for the options available by browsing through the following links:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back