Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN Progress Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

awstewar

Programmer
Oct 12, 2006
US
A Call Progress message is receive and the Progress Indicator shows that the call is not end-to-end ISDN. More call information may be available in-band.

What should I do in this situatoin?
Should I connect the call?
How do I know what type of in-band signaling is being used?
Is there a way to specify that I do not support in-band signaling?

Thanks.

In this case you should connect the call.

The Progress Indicator is most likely indicating that Tones are available inband for example Ring Tone.

Do you mean I should connect the call with one way voice (receive only) like an alert message or I should move to the connect state?

Also, if I move to the connect state, how do I actually know when they have picked up the phone on the other end? This seems like it would mess up billing.

Will I receive a disconnect message in this case?

Only receiving a connect message you can move to connect state.
The connect message will be received also when "the call is not end-to-end ISDN"
With the progress indicator "in band info available" you must connect for listen received tones and audio on b-channel.
In some situations it's convenient connect also in tx on b-channel (for example for sending dtmf to a toll-free service).
Moreover the "PROGRESS" message doesn't change the status of the call (instead "CALL PROCEEDING" do it and close the dialling phase)
Excuse me for my english
Bye

You can cut through audio before the call is "connected".

Basically in this case it allows the user to hear inband tones without returning answer supervision.

So the inbound *audio* is connected but not the call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back