Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN Programing required - HiPath 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeraut

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
NA
I require assistance from someone who has managed to talk to the Siemens HiPath 3000 using the ISDN protocol.
The HiPath Manager E does a fine job, but (in my opinion) does not have a OLE interface for a 3rd party app.

Is there a solution to this? Or has someone managed to write an i/f so that an application running on a PC can (via ISDN dialup) talk to the pbx?

ISDN is not intended as a user-to-PBX protocol. As such it does not make sense to use it unless you are building a CO switch or if you are building a PBX, or if you are designing terminal equipment to talk to one (or more) of the above. It is not meant to control the PBX, but to control call setup/teardown signaling between a network switch and another non-network switch.

It is the consumer flavor of CCIS (common channel interoffice signaling). Signaling System Seven (SS7) is the CCIS used for network to network switch signaling.

If you can explain why you want to do this perhaps I can give further advice.

best regards,

-------------------------------------------

TIP: If you ask a better question, you will get a better reply. Be specific so we can help!

I am trying to create an automated process to remotley add and remove account codes from HiPath 3xxx systems in the field.
Very much like the hotels use when checking a guest in/out of a room.
Normally this would be done via the V24 (RS232 serial port)but I would like to do this from a central location where LAN/WAN is not an option.
The advantage I have is that all system have ISDN trunks and can tehrefore make use of the built in Digital Modem for ISDN remote access

I suppose that the Siemens switch would have to have the ability to connect your call. Assuming that you have a BRI connection to your computer on the remote side then you can use a windows dialup connection to connect to your PBX via the PRI trunks. At least we do this in IP Office all the time so the theory is sound and does work. You simply need to determine if it can work on you PBX.

It's people like you who generalize.

In reply to CarGoSki:

I am doing exactly what you mention. I use the PC that has an ISDN modem to dial the pbx in the field. I make use of the HiPath Manager E

What I need is a programmer to be able to automate this process using VB to automate this process. I have searched for a solution that can tap into the Hipath manager E, but no luck - so the alternative is to simulate what the Manager E is doing.

Anybody been down that avenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back