Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN problem using Cisco Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjb22

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
GB

Help!

I have a primary rate router which is a Cisco 3662, which provides connections to our network via an ISDN 30 circuit (30 x 64kpbs channels). When a remote user dials into the network from home, they can only manage to connect using one b-channel and therefore only connecting at 64kbps. How can I bring up the second b-channel and have them connect at 128kbps.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

By having load balacing but what is pri rate of your router

Hi,

Usually all you need to do is just put the serial interface into a rotary group, create a dialer interface with corresponding rotary group number, and add ppp multilink in the dialer interface. For example,

int s0/0:15
dialer rotary-group 4

int dialer 4
ppp multilink

Did you use the different method to configure?

interesting.. i have a somewhat similar problem.. analog dial-in calls work fine for my AS5300, but incoming ISDN-BRI calls fail.. any ideas..

all help appreciated..

How about the command:
dialer load-threshold 1 either

this would tell the router to load the second b-channel immediately, for either inbound or outbound traffic. This works for BRI, don't know if it'll work for PRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back