Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN Pro TA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryspin

Technical User
Apr 7, 2002
US
Hi, I'm getting a ISDN line installed in a few days .. in the mean while I purchased a ISDN Pro TA from US.Robotics
so I thought I go ahead and install it on my computer and configure it while I wait for the ISDN line to be installed at my home... so my Pc detected it and it's in my modem list in the control panel and I downloaded the Connection CD but when I run the Control Center to configure my Pro TA the Control Center tells me that I does not detect a modem... do I need the ISDN signal to my pro TA in order to make the Control Center detect my ISDN modem?
I HOPE SO ... I tried via serial and USB port and nothing.
any help would be appreciated....Thanks...

gerryspin.

I doubt that the modem would require the ISDN line plugged in to work, but you never know. Sounds like a hardware config issue or a software issue. I've never used the model you listed. Does the unit have an IP address? If so, can you telnet to it? Have you contacted U.S. Robotics about support? Last I remembered U.S. Robotics was bought out by someone or something like that. Hopefully you can get support.

Thanks GTI4Life for you response.. yes I got support from US robotics and they direted me to ,my hyperterminal and so I configured that way but still cant use the Control Center given in the Connections CD :( it tells me that it doesn't detect a modem.

That's great that you were able to access the router. Though the companion software would have been nice, I find that Hyperterm and telnet allows you to do much more. From my experience usually companion CD's only allow you to perform basic functions and configuration.

I found that in Win 2000 the Control Center would not work and USR Tech. Support confirmed it too. Should work in Win 98 although I have to reboot from time to time to be able to detect the Pro TA.

Since you have been using your Eicon for almost a year, how do you like it? Many problems?

I also own an Eicon, I would be interested in your experience with the modem.

Hi I am getting problem in win2000 pro. whenevr I try to open or search address from my Ms outlook, its performance gives slow, and even whenever I scroll from my spreadsheet or Ms word its gives slow performance, otherwise my sytem's performance is sufficient.Then what shud i do? shud ??I increase virtual memory..

Thanks,
Mashkoor Alam Siddiqui
Regards,

Nilesh Roy.
{MCSE+I, CCNA, CCNP}

Hop in to to know more about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back