Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

calhoony

Technical User
Oct 14, 2003
US
Ordered 7 new ISDN PRI's (NI-2)esf,b8zs to be installed in a CM5.2.0,tried to turn them up yesterday and finally got the d channels up but now when I try to pass test calls I get no audible transmission, both ways incoming or outgoing. trace shows hitting different Medpro boards so I am hesitant to assume it is a dsp resource issue. I also have 7 new spans set up the same way in another port network that work in and out. I changed out the 464 board and the CSU already. I guess I could have 2 bad 464's?

Were you given the interface ID's from your carrier? Check your signal group programming. Ask your service provider for a list of interface ID's. They may call it something different. If your signal group doesn't match the service provders programming you will not be able to talk on any of the B channels.
You can talk but can't hear the called party and visa versa.

Thanks that seemed to work. we had the interface ID's off by one. When we changed them the transmission started working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back