Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN PRI Monitoring and Alerting

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy8

Technical User
Jan 26, 2017
US
Is it possible to monitor and alert when a PRI goes offline? D or B channels?

Not that I know as it will only generate a warning, should generate an minor alarm if you ask me then you could program a button on your phone for a major or minor alarms.

You can use SNMP. In this example we're grabbing the status of trunk group 50 member 1.

** FAIL: Trunk 50/1 01D04: (1.3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.73.8.1.26.3.1.5.50.1)
[Current: maint-NE/idle] Does not contain [in-service]

This is from IPSentry, but there are lots of tools out there. I only look for the first B channel of each PRI, in my experience when a PRI has trouble all the B channels are dead, haven't seen random B channels fail by themselves.

Regards,
....Mike

I've always had Avaya Site Admin set up to run the Monitor Trunks function on a machine that will email us if trunks are down. You could set it up on a cheap windows box or windows server and have the monitor trunks job run every hour. Not exactly ideal but it's what we've done for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back