Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN - PRI Country code settings for Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick44

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
GB
I have a customer with a remote G430 gateway and MM710 PRI card in Tel-Aviv.
When I installed it I could not find a country code for Israel, so tried a few until I got one that got the circuit up.
However, the customer is now complaining of low audio and slips on the circuit.
_ The country code I am using currently is 4 - Italy.

Avaya support now advise me that they have not yet created a country code for Israel, and have no planned date to issue one.

Has anyone found a better fit for Israeli PRI than Country Code 4?

Many Thanks
Nick.

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Low audio and slips shouldn't have anything really to do with the country code.

If they are using MCC, SCC or G650 there is a "known" but STILL!!! undocumented issue with the default loss settings. In the loction-parameters change the loss plan to customize=y and on the 2-party loss plan change the value of 13 to 18 to 0. There is a "phantom" loss group between cabinets of 18 so a call between cabinets will induce a 6DB loss without this change.

A slips are a separate issue. 'status sync' should show the synch source of the active/programmed source you programmed for the cabinet/gateway.

If yo are wanting to know details of country codes and more (area code, emergency numbers etc.) then the below site is useful:

So Israel is +972 national prefix 0 and international prefix 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back