Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Isdn pri assitance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dowdav

Vendor
Aug 2, 2001
US
I have a customer with two pris when ckts are plugged in to the smart jacks, the first one thats plugged in will bounce (dchannel) the second will come up in service. if pris are frogged the same will happen on the other pri, it depends on witch one is plugged in first. also I can take a tbird testset and face the network side and ckt will come up. if I plug in one pri and leave other unplugged neither ckt will restore, both ckts must be plugged in in order for one to restore. Is there anything that I may be overlooking that would cause this? THANKS!!

the resolution to the problem was to reboot pbx as directed by avaya eng.

Check the country protocol and version on the DS1 configuration. By default the country protocol is 1 (correct) and version is a. Change the protocol version to b (NI2) and this should hopefully resolve the issue. This is what I had to do to fix the exact same problem. Give it a try, it can't hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back