Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN Pinouts etc 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidshokk

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
GB

Hi all

Does anyone know where to find the pinouts for ISDN BRI/PRI etc online or can anyone fill me in on these as im having trouble finding/understanding anything useful online

Many Thanks

Thanks guys, GREAT help! Might be a stupid question (but I havent worked with cabling long!!) You say, for example, pri uses pins 1 2 4 5 but how does that tally up with the other end of the cable. Im used to seeing diagrams with links from a standard w/o,o,wg,b,wb,g,wb,b on one side to whatever on the pri end... how do i know what colours to use for the pins you mention?!?!

Sorry if that sound daft!

Depending on what standard you use if it was 568b The pins 1 and 2 are the W/or, Or and 4,5 are w/Bl, Bl.

In 568b
1=W/Or
2=OR
3=W/GRN
4 Bl
5=W/BL
6 GRN
7=W/BRWN
8=BRWN

Yes. That is 568B and 568A is the same but the orange is 3 and 6 and the green is 1 and 2.

and what about BRI, is there a way of working out what colours go to the pins 3 4 5 and 6?? what am i missing

Thank you SO much, you have been great HELP in both my threads.... Cant thank you enough...time to rest my brain now i think!

Im sure it wont be the last you hear from me im afraid! :)

Thanks

The newer ISDN/BRI (T type interface I believe)is a two wire setup just like a phone connections it uses the white/blue blue/white. The older stuff (U type interface)was a four wire setup that used the (on a RJ-48 jack) the white/orange Orange/white white/green green white pairs.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

what i need confirming is that if i made up a bri cable using all wires then it would just be a sraight through cable wouldnt it?? no wires crossed over?!?!? 3456 to wg, b, wb, g same as straight through! as opposed to pri which does a cross over as des a crossover cable obviously....

confused...

You should be able to use a station or patch cable for this, as it is a straight through connection.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read thread690-1323977

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back