Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN Outbound caller name source field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foneranger

Technical User
Sep 14, 2005
US
8500 runnning CM 3 just cut 4 pri's from Paetec to Metro outbound calls are still showing old paetec caller name, AlphaBeta Comp. metro says they are sending 15 digits AlphaBeta Hold. The tech who was out told the customer that he could control his own outbound caller name, the field is on the first page of the trunk group send name, when this is checked to yes where does the switch get the name to send from, is it the trunk group itself or the switch name?

I'm not an expert, but it's been my experience that the 'caller id' name is not accepted by the carrier, and the name presented is what is listed in the LIDB/CNAM database that the receiving carrier dips from.

If I'm wrong, I would love to know if there is a way to control the name from my PBX.

This info came from Catalyst but your theory might explain
why the new carrier is showing the old carrier 15 digit caller name. tx, this is like the stories of smart blonds and ufos everyone has heard about it but no one has ever seen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back