Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

isdn manual call setup cisco ios12.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrSic

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
BE
Hi,
I'm havin a bit of a problem to initiate manually isdn call setup from one of my cisco 2600 routers in user priv mode with 'isdn test call int BRI 1/0 zzzzzzz#' where z is the actual phonenr. of the called party.
in the 2651 no problem (ios 12.2), but in my router with ios12.0 i can't find a command to initiate a call-setup manually towards the switch. anyone at my rescue?

Tkx, Jsteve, I thought i tried that one already since the analogy with the command in IOS12.2 "isdn (test) call ..." in priviledged user mode, but without result even when my four bri are activated (show isdn stat says layer 1&2 are activate) but no layer 3 call occurs.)
both my routers are 2600 series and i'm considering upgrading the older one with new ios. just to make sure i'm doing the same thing one both routers.
I've been surfing up and down cisco but not really found the answer up to now... I'll keep on looking for a solution anyway, even if only for the sport of it...
greetz,

Perhaps just the IOS? I have a 2523 running 12.1 that dials and answers, but other 2500's that seem to have probs and they are running 12. I haven't enough room to update them though to check if it is the IOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back