Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN for videoconference 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCRR

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
IT
I have 3 isdn line for videoconference number is 5506,5507 and 5508.
When I start the videoconference no problem, what I to do for create a unique number for receive external calls?
Excuse for my bad language.

Hi

I suppose that you are trying 384 Kbits Video conferencing.
With ELU26, you cannot access to 3 SO interfaces via the same number. May be via Profil, but I never tetted it and I doubt that it will work, as the videao conf unit expect the calls in a certain order.

What we do here is to specify for each S0 access the corresponding number at the opposite. This works for sure. Otherwise, you should try a TLU79 configuration (DSS1 NEtwork for instance) and see if it will work better as in this case you are trying to reach a destination instaed of Extension Number.

Good luck

You have to make sure your inbound trunks are capable of 64k data and that you have the bearer capacity for the route set to allow 64k.

Once that is verified, you can use a vacant DID extension number for a hunt group pilot with the ELU-26 extensions as members, or you can use number translation to change the DID number to an internal hunt group pilot, or you can use DID numbers for each ELU-26 extension.

Using individual DID's is probably the best alternative if you have the vacant number capacity.The reason is that in the case of an inbound 6 channel call (384k), the call is set up on the first channel, and the codec will respond to the far end with the numbers to be dialled for the remaining channels.....those numbers have to be valid within the network on which the call is traversing between the 2 endpoints.

I have done this on my system (BC9.0E)so I know it works.

Good luck,

Dave Strang
AS far as in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back