Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN DDI Range diverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolasgreening

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2002
GB
Hi All,

We have moved buildings a month ago and in the process moved our ISDN 30 from Colt to BT.

Both the offices are both in the Edgbaston exchange we have a 50 number DDI range. BT accepted the port request and the ISDN install on the 3rd Nov 2011 and installed the ISDN on the 23rd Nov but have now (6th Jan 2012) said that they can’t port the numbers as Colt had diverted the number from a Midland exchange a few years ago.

If they had told us this before we moved we would have accepted the fact and ordered and new range and told people our new numbers and address. But as we have now told all the clients the new address and the old range and had all the company 2012 calendars and paperwork with the new address and only DDI range, it is not only going to be expensive but hard to sell to our staff and Directors that we need to change now.

I have looked in to diverting services like MY inbound but the cost is £7 per ddi per month + calls and with 50 DDI's that is not cheap.

Please can you let me know if anyone has any suggestions or other options?

We still paying Colt for the old DDI range and they are diverting the DDI's but only to 1 number and this is not practical.

The telephone system is a 3Com NBX.

Thanks in advance Nick

Fresh SEO- A Fresh look at search engine optimisation. - <a href=" title="SEO Surrey">SEO Surrey</a>

I know its is a bit late but you should NEVER publish a number until it is in place & working, all the BT paperwork will have had a disclaimer somewhere in the small print.

you may get lucky if you resubmit the porting request giving the correct information regarding the origin of the numbers (the original midland exchange & supplier).

BT seldom give any clues as to why a port request has been rejected or how to correct the situation. good luck

Computers are like Air conditioners:-
Both stop working when you open Windows

can you port the numbers away from colt onto a SIP service?
If your PBX supports SIP trunking this maybe an option?

Hi IPGuru,

I know we shouldn't have published the but 1 of the perquisites for going with the provider that we did was that we needed to keep the numbers... (It’s no point going in to the agreement this was not expressed in writing)

In high sight I know what we should done but my time machine is missing...

BT has said that they cannot port the number because they are in a different exchange is this it possible to get numbers ported between exchanges?

Fresh SEO - A Fresh look at search engine optimisation. -

not possible to port numbers between exchanges.
I would ask your maintainer whether the NBX supports SIP - not a product I know unfortunately

Hi All,

The NBX does not support SIP trunks so that is that option out the window.

Thanks for you help looks like the diverting service.

Fresh SEO - A Fresh look at search engine optimisation. -

if the NBX does not support sip you could investigate a sip gateway
this would take the sip lines and present them in a way you PBX can support

Computers are like Air conditioners:-
Both stop working when you open Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back