Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN BRI setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

aheintz

Technical User
Sep 18, 2004
US
I'm looking to replace our 6 leased BRI circuits from the telco with BRI circuits out of our PBx. These lines are used for video conferencing. PBx setup is an Option 81c running Succession 3.0.

From looking at the NTP's it looks like I'll need a MISP card as well as 1 UILC card. Can someone confirm that this is the correct hardware needed? I see a BRSC card mentioned and I don't know if I need this as well or what it does.
Thanks.

never used the brsc but last time i added bri was around rls 18.. all i had were the misp and the uilc cards

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First of all, BRSC is retired. The things called Basic Rate Signalling Concentrator and was used to fill one shelf with SILC or UILC cards and run this cards with just one MISP.

Heres how it works with Basic Rate Interface Lines in the M1:

First you have to programm a MISP card in the CE on an even Loop (LD 27). This card will provide the signalling channel for the BRIL units on the SILC and / or UILC cards.

Then you have to program the SILC / UILC cards (LD 27).
In a large system make shure that the MISP and the related SILC / UILC will be in the same network group.

The SILC card (8 units) directly provides the 4 wire basic rate bus as you will be used by your telco after the network terminator (NT). The max range from the pbx is about 100m in an physical point to multi point configuration and max. 1000m in an point to point configuration (only one terminal possible).

The UILC cards(8 units)provides a two wire connection that has to be terminated with a 2b1q NT (has to come from a seperate company for example sphairon). The range from the pbx to the NT is about 5000m depending on the quality of the wiring. After the NT the above ranges are suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back