Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN Backup on Passport 2430

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
I've got two sites connected via T1 and backup ISDN. I can't seem to get the ISDN to make a connection when the T1 is down. I've created the backup pool and circuit, incoming phone mumbers, local phone numbers, caller resolution table. It never tries to dial. The logs show no activity in the ISDN.

Hello Mufka,
Delete the backup cct that dont work (change the cct type from primary to normal, close and reopen the primary circuit definition window). In site manager menu choose then backup circuit. The primary circuit window opens. Then choose your primary circuit and click on cct type... Change the cct type from normal to primary. Take a look at the entry for backup mode. The backup initiator must be master (it dials then) and the other side must be slave. Then configure anything else (chap/pap and so on)

Here is a usefull link where you can obtain the complete reference for Bay dial services (including bcc dial service instructions)
Let me know if it works, i will help you if not.

Michael

OK, I've recreated the backup circuits. Now it looks like its trying to connect. Now I get the message "SPID1 registration getting NACK'ed 20 times, stopping retries." What does that mean?

Thanks

Hello mufka,
i´m not shure. Please tell me what happens before. Which kind of routers are connected and what did you see in their logs (on which side you´ve saw this message). Also make shure, that the backup circuit is configured on both side´s and that you´ve configured bofl on each interface.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back