Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

isakmp nat-traversal doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickDJ

Technical User
May 19, 2004
GB
Hello,

Our VPN client is behid PIX 515 firewall, we want to connect to our customer network through VPN tunnel to other PIX 515. VPN works from dial-up no problem.
Everywhere I looked, it was advised to use nat-t, but if I issue isakmp nat-traversal 20, or without 20 on our PIX and client PIX, or only on our or only on customer's , VPN would not work even if first establish dial-up connection,
Please help

Oh yes, I could do this, and I would not ask, but then I have to put PC again back to our network, and this way several times a day. If you could not give wise advise why then you bothered.
And anyway now I just would like to know why nat-traversal doesn't work.
Thank you.

Question was:
I wanted to connect to customer's network over VPN tunnel;
Network setup:

VPN client(ver 4.0.5)--- our PIX ver 6.3(4) -- our Router --- Internet --- customer router --- customer PIX ver 6.3(1) --- customer network.
I could connect to customer's network, but could not to browse their network.
I found out about NAT-Traversal. Every one advised that it should solve problem, but it didn't do for me, until port UDP/4500 on customer's router was open. Now huray! it works.

Sorry if I was hash, I was a bit frustrated I was dealing with the problem for weeks.
Thank you for your response.
Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back