Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA with allow all not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

randybreck

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
US
I am new to ISA server and am having problems. I have a simple network with a cable modem to a linksys router to a win2k server to a switch and to the users. I had everything working fine with the active directory server until I instlled ISA server. I configured it for testing to allow all users, content, and protocals. All clients are correctly configured for Internet explorer and it works. The problem is with other applications. Specifically gaming. I made sure that all the ports that it uses are defined as a seperate protocal and enabled, but it still does not work.

Do I have to do something with the clients. I set up Internet explorer correctly but is there something else? I even tried to disble the firewall and proxy services and the application still will not work. Since installing ISA server, the only way to get this application to work is to physically unplug the machine from the server and plug directly to an open port on the router. Like I said, It worked through the server before ISA was installed.

This is driving me nuts!! Any help?

I found out that I may have to install some firewall client software. Where can I find this software? I assume it came with ISA server, but where and how? Thanks

You should try installing the ISA firewall client software on the hosts. I created a share when you installed ISA at \\ISA-SERVER\MSPCLNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back