Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a specialized ISA card I need to have in my PC. I am currently using it in an older celeron 900 socket 370 PC which has a single isa slot. I would like to have a newer P4 or Athln PC but alas, no ISA slots. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can continue to use my card and still get the benifits of a current PC?

Thanks,

Jon

What function does the card perform? Is something available now that provides the same functionality as a PCI card or USB device?
Just that my 3yr old desktop system has no ISA slots at all, and you're not likely to find many much newer than your celeron that have ISA slots.
Because of the physical size differences there are no PCI to ISA adapters.

John

ABit made an Athlon board with an ISA slot using the KT133 & KT133A chipsets, model names are KT7 & KT7A respectively. Might be some retailer out there with some left in stock, or on eBay, I did a quick search & there are a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back