Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA Server - Standard vs Enterprise Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dput

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2001
US
We are currenlty looking at implementing ISA Server as an internal firewall (in a back to back configuration). We are not large enough to bother with an array, so we purchased the Standard Edition. We are now being told, that in order to be able to integrate with Active Directory, we must have Enterprise Edition.

This does not seem to agree with what I have been previously told or read. Does anybody have any experience with Standard Edition? Can it integrate with Active Directory for the user/group names?

Thanks for any help. Dan

Enterprise Edition is only used for Arrays. SO you can use the standard version for your solution

I have installed the Standard Edition, and I'm using the Active Directory to get the users. So it works...

We have confirmed that this works as well. Our consultants had some type of problem in their lab, bacause they could not get it to work their. Also, the seemed to have gotten bad information from Microsoft.

Thanks everyone for confirming that I was right on this one! Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back