Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA server IP configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StigiComp

ISP
Mar 22, 2006
SE
Hi!

I haved installed an ISA 2004 as an edge firewall in a MS environment, but i can't make it connect to internet.

The configuration:
NIC 1(external) 4 IPs 195.xxx.xxx.18, 195.xxx.xxx.19, 195.xxx.xxx.20, 195.xxx.xxx.21 configured in Windows TCP/IP properties
NIC 2(internal) 1 IP (10.xx.xx.202) configured in Windows TCP/IP

Internal in the ISA is configured to 10.xx.xx.0 to 10.xx.xx.255.

And I made a rule that allows all outbound traffic from internal to external.

Anyone who have an idea, what is wrong?

Thank you for all help

/Gustaf

why you have a diferent ip adress... in the external netwokr

DNS? wich use

coco10

We have 4 IPs attached to the external interface, and the external interface uses the internal DNS 10.xxx.xxx.200

The internal also uses the internal dns? is it possible that the dns is the problem?

Thanks!

/Gustaf

Gustaf

Ensure your internal servers point to the internal interface of the ISA for the default gateway (assuming you have no other device between them)

Ensure you ISA server's default gateway is on the external interface.

You'll need an access rule for DNS from Internal to external (but I guess you now that)... you can put external DNS server on the external inferface to check resoltion and you if need to confgure your DNS server this a forwarder.

Hope some of this helps

Andy

By the way, I think the best configuration can be the follow:

In the rule for internet access, add Local Host in the source network if you want to surf web from ISA.

In the WAN interface, don't set the internal DNS... set directly the public DNS of your ISP.

Ceres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back