Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA Server Blocks Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I have Just Installed a SBS 2000 with Symantec Nortons Antivirus Corporate Edition 8.0. I am unable to do any update for the above & ACT 2000 and any software which requires an update. What exactly has to be done on ISA server to allow all the above software to get a regular update.I can Browse on the net without any problem.

The Following is Blocked.

PC Anywhere
Netmeeting In & out
Outlook Web Access from Outside
Nortons Corporate Edition Virus Update
ACt 2000 update

Thanks in Advance.

This is what Symantec sent me regarding WebSpy software upgrades. We were having trouble with clients getting the updates of WebSpy software with Symantec Norton AntiVirus.

Not sure if this helps, but it's what I got.

"You may want to try creating an exclusion for this folder in your Realtime Protection options. Please refer to the following information:

Title: 'How to exclude specific drives, folders, and files from being scanned by Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.0'
Document ID: 2002092413394848
Web URL:

There should not be any "popup" dialog box whenever Realtime Protection scans a file. Can you provide some further details of this popup? If you have configured SAVCE to scan this location as part of a "plugin" to your update software, you should disable that option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back