Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA Remote Admin with C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostMR2

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2007
US
Not sure if this is the best forum for C# and ISA administration but here it goes....

I am trying to administer IA remotely using C#. I can run C# code directly on an ISA server, and then connect to other ISA servers no problem, as follows:

private FPCLib.FPC root = new FPCLib.FPC();
root = <whatever ISA object I wish to retrieve>

This works without a hitch. I know I can connect to other servers using a connect method (haven't executed this yet, but seen the code posted before.)

Here's my problem. I want to run this code not from an ISA server, but from a windows client. Windows clients do not recognize ISA objects. My Windows XP box does not recognize FPCLib, since it is exclusive to ISA COM. I need a way that the client machine can connect to the ISA server and retrieve this object. My first thought was to use winmgmts, but I cannot find any code that retrieves the FPCLib object through winmgmts. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back