Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA: Outlook 2002 Intermittently s-l-o-w

Status
Not open for further replies.

todjk69

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2003
US
I have just purchased ISA Server and a brand new server box for our network. We're running in Integrated mode. The overall purpose is to provide a proxy server to place all client web traffic on a 2nd DSL line to offload our overworked main DSL line. ISA Server is not on our main DSL line at this time.

Right now, I'm using the Web Proxy Client for my Win2K clients for testing purposes. When I invoke this change (making them Web proxy clients), Outlook intermittently behaves slower than normal. I'll explain in the next paragraph what this means. I can solve this problem by making the client a non-proxy client. The problem goes away.

Signs and symptoms include: slow on open of Outlook (which defaults to the Inbox), slow when opening indivudual e-mail in the Inbox, slow when dragging e-mail from one folder to another.

Calendar doesn't appear to be affected. Both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 are both affected by the Web Proxy client.

Any advise is appreciated.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back