Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterzenfoo

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2007
GB
Morning\Afternoon all,

I have a couple of ISA servers and a copy of SQL Express 2005 installed on my machine.

I am trying to play with the ISA logs to glean a bit more info from then rather than using the built in report writer with ISA.

Problem I am having is the ClientIP field is not showing the IP address correctly. The data type of the field is "bigint" and the IP address is displayed as an example: 2886732040

Does anyone know how I can put this number back to an IP address or something a bit more legible????

Thanks in advance!

The problem here is we don't know where the '.''s are needed.

The IP address could be any of these.

- Paul
10qkyfp.gif

- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

no the IP address should be starting 172.

just the way it has converted the ip address field. I can not find away to convert back.

PLEASE HELP! Its doing my head in!

Based on the information you have provided us there is no way to put back the '.'

Does the first three groups always have 3 digits?

- Paul
10qkyfp.gif

All the ip addresses will be 172.16.9.***

Not bothered about the decimal notation if I can glean out the last three numbers from the four octet then I'll be happy!

Cheers fro your help

This will give you the last 3.
Code:
DECLARE @ip bigint
select @ip = 172169001
select len(@ip)-3

SELECT substring(convert(varchar(9),@ip),1,len(convert(varchar(9),@ip))-3)+'.'+RIGHT(convert(varchar(9),@ip),3)

- Paul
10qkyfp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back