Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA 2006 Install Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

petaverde

MIS
Mar 25, 2002
GB
I have an array (with a single member/config server), I am attempting to install a second server into the array. However, I am getting the following error 'An attempt to authenticate to the Configuration Storage server computer failed. The server service may be stopped on the Configuration Storage server computer. Error code = 0x800704b3. Error description = No network provider accepted the given network path.'
Both servers are on the same network but are on different subnets. There are no logged errors in the event log.
Any ideas?

I'm having similar problem.

I'm trying to install a second CSS to work as a failover server but I get the same error message. Both servers are on the same subnet and the server service isn't stopped on either of the servers.

OK. I found out what was causing the problem. I had disabled File and Printer Sharing. After enabling it the installation worked like a charm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back