Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISA 2006 Any books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhidalgo

MIS
Jun 13, 2001
US
We have just ordered ISA2006 enterprise, upgrading from isa 2000 standard(New server Hardware). Are their anybook available yet for this product? Would a book on isa2004 be helpfull for this version?

Thanks
Nick

No books are curently available. Use MS web site as a sourse for knowledge.
Be aware that it's not possible to upgrade ISA2000 directly to ISA2006! There are 2 options:
1. Build separate ISA2006 installation from the scratch and implement the same set of rules/settings you have on ISA2000. Replace ISA2000.
2. Upgrade ISA2000 to ISA2004 SP2 and then upgrade ISA2004 SP2 to ISA2006. (in-place upgrade)

I would recommend to go with option 1.

ISA2004 books would be VERY helpful in ISA2006. Additional info on ISA 2006 you can get from MS site.
Go to to see the best book available on ISA2004.

Victor K (Microsoft Consulting Services)
MCSA/MCSE:Security & Messaging;CNE;CCSE+;CIWSP;CIWSA;Network+;CCNA;nCSE;CISSP

Thanks for the reply, I am going with options 1. I already have the new hardware and am installing from scratch. I also bought Shinder's Configuring Isa 2004 Book. Seems to be considerable different from ISA2000, Guess i have some reading to do.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back